Differential ailerons are one of the two ways engineers use to control or
tune out adverse yaw, caused by both the decrease in drag on the inboard
wing and the increase in drag on the outboard wing during a level turn.
Friese ailerons like Mark L uses and is common on Cessna’s have the hinge
part of the aileron extend down below the bottom surface to try and balance
the increased drag of the out board aileron, while differential simply
deflect less outboard than inboard, as with Piper aircraft. In both cases
these changes are mainly aimed at flight speeds at or near cruise speed for
their biggest effect at balance. Maneuvering flight causes too much drag and
we are lucky that the KR mostly stays coordinated nearly all speeds (at
least mine and Larry’s).  My point being that comparison to most
certificated aircraft is only going to be valid or fair for these types of
enhancements, if you compare to results at or near cruise.  The designers
pretty much compromise all other speeds to arrive at what is in highest
demand at cruise, and all other speeds need some kind of adjustment.  Even
their props favor an acceptable climb rate with cruise economy and speed
being the primary focus.  My KR is fast and stable, and seems to favor high
speed cruise over all else.  When I was doing a lot of pattern work last
year, the tower guys would regularly put me on the big runway with twins,
because he knew I would run all over the 152 and 172 crowd. My pattern was
smaller and faster.

Have fun, back to the work room….

Colin
N96TA