I agree with Colin that streamlining your strobe would help.  I think you
could do an easy experiment by carving a tail for the back of it that comes
to a point that will give the whole assembly an airfoil shape.  It is much
more important to bring the air flow smoothly back together off of the sides
in the back of the light instead of in front of it.  I would just leave the
round shape on the front for now.  Carve the block and just stick it on with
double faced tape for now.

I have been looking at the pictures on your web site and I don't really see
any other major drag producers although I would either shorten the exhast,
or even better, bend them back and experiment with nozzles for jet thrust.
Again, see Speed With Economy.  Surprisingly, something round like your
exhaust and the nose gear tube and the strobe light really have a lot of
drag.  I have an aerodynamics book that gives scale drawings of an airfoil
shape, a square shape, and a rectangular shape.  The drawings are of the
three objects that have equal drag.  It is very surprising to see them drawn
in proportion like that.  The airfoil shape is huge compared to the round
and rectangular shape.  What is even more surprising is that the round shape
is only slightly bigger than the rectangular shape of the same drag.  It
makes it very apparent why people spend many thousands of dollars more for
streamlined flying wires on biplanes instead of just using round one.

It would also be interresting to try some rounded stabilizer and rudder
tips.  You should be able to do some temporary ones to stick on without too
much trouble.  You could also play with different wing tip designs if you
are so inclined.  If I had my airpark house with the plane right next to me
every night instead of having to run to the airport and having to work out
of my truck I would be experimenting with something else every day.  One of
these days.

Brian Kraut
Engineering Alternatives, Inc.
www.engalt.com