James Ferris wrote:

> I put that stuff in my VW bus in 1980 when it had omly 25,000 miles and
> in the next 1,500 miles it droped a valve and destroyed theentire
> engine.I hope it has been improved since then.

I own a bus (although it now resides in my father's pasture), and that thing
was on the floor at all times, except when there was a red light or stop
sign immediately ahead.  At the risk of getting off topic, I doubt that oil
causes dropped valves.  Having been a "factory" VW mechanic in Las Vegas, I
can tell you that most VW engine valve failures (especially in buses) happen
after a long hill climb on a hot day, which weakens the connection between
valve stem and its welded head due to prolonged high temperatures, and then
you come over the hill and let off the gas and the valve head gets pulled
off the stem by the high vacuum....and then you have a three cylinder
engine, and your bus gets added to the line at the VW dealership with all
the rest of the buses that await the mechanics on Monday morning, and you
end up with what you describe.  Just like clockwork.  This doesn't happen on
VW airplane engines due to the lack of high vacuum after a climb, and our
habit of using one piece stainless valves,  which is why you don't usually
hear of this kind of failure in our useage.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net