From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of Linda Warner
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:17 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: RE: KR> Oshkosh Reading

You're all right about most of the guys in the tower etc not getting the
type of airplane right. But it's not because they aren't trying. These guys
are from all over the country... and how many tower operators ever see that
many home builts?

I'm a helper with the welcome wagons at Oshkosh and we're on the same radio
freq as the folks who direct and park the planes as they come in.
Now there's a group who know their planes!!

It's been my finding that the KR's get parked right close to the announcers
stand by the arched entrance to the flight line.
That is, if they are there early. After the show starts, it's hard for them
to know where there is a hole to stick someone into.

AND, we're ALL volunteers. Not a paid person out on the field.

It takes over 4000 of us volunteers to put that show on, and we all try our
best.

So if some of you feel mis treated or neglected, you're welcome to come and
volunteer yourself. That way you will see the situation from the other side.

See ya all in Oshkosh.

John Sickafoose
Naples, Fl