Mark and Netters
I would begin, at least for the summer, adjusting your EIS baro setting to the
current setting and adjust during flight, as you would adjust your altimeter.
It would make the E6B claculation for your density altitude for you, and would
make mixture adjustments even more valuable.  I expect that in your area now,
with the summer heat and your elevation already, that you are consistently
taking off with density altitudes of 2500 feet or more.  You will not get best
power any where near full rich, nor will you get ful power anyway, which you
already know.  BUT you will get the most power you could get with a more
correct mixture.  I would verify this adjustment by running up to full static
power just before takeoff and leaning to best rpm, then richen just alittle for
detonation protection.  With your large cooling openings, you don't need to
overly rich full mix to help cooling, so I would fly just this side of rich
over best lean power mix.

Just some thoughts...

Colin
N96TA