From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Joseph H. Horton
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:09 PM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: Re: KR> Nose gear failures

Eric,
        Just working from memory here but I think that I knew of 2 and
one was on a grass field, I think that both folded the strut it's self. I
am sure they were both before 1999 as I first found out about them when I
joined the net. Having said that I have damaged mine while beating the
runway into submission on one of my very early flights. It took 4.5 g's
to bend it 4 deg's. Dan did not have a new one in stock to replace it so
he told me to bend it back just this once. It took all my weight and
strength an a 8 ft lever with the strut fit between 2 trailer hitch balls
on my truck bumper to get it back in shape. Mark is right about it not
having that much weight on it. Mine was 215#.
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com