>Eric,

>        Just working from memory here but I think that I knew of 2 and

>one was on a grass field, I think that both folded the strut it's self. I

>am sure they were both before 1999 as I first found out about them when I

>joined the net.

I folded mine in July 2000 due to a hard landing. You get a real good view
of the runway. I made the tube stronger at the pivot point by welding an
extra tube on the outside of the strut where the drag braces attach. Since
then I have had shimmy problems which I think I've solved by adding stronger
bellview washers.

-Joe

PDX