Hi,

I am in the middle of replacing my canopy. I have searched the archive,
and find no info on how to bond a bubble to the frame.

I have inherited what I think is an original kr2 canopy, and a GRP
frame.  the GRP frame has a flange that will sit inside the bubble, ie
the screen will be bonded on the outside of the frame. The flange is
approx 1/2 inch wide, and isn't a brilliant fit with the shape of the
canopy, it looks like I will have variance is the gap between the flange
and the plexiglass - of perhaps up to 1/4 inch in places.

Without too much difficulty I have made the frame fit, and I have cut
the canopy to shape. Having spoken to a professional plastic sign maker,
and then googling, and some experimenting I found that I could cut the
plexiglas with an electric jigsaw using a vey fine blade and water spray
to keep the blade cool. I am told that you have to do it in conditions
of > 20 degrees, and you must make sure the plastic is well supported.

What I am unsure of is how to bond the plexiglas to the frame. I have
been looking at  using the sort of mastic that is used for auto screens,
but no idea what it is called or where I can buy it.

Also is it considered necessary to use screws to further secure the
screen in position.

The final conundrum is how to hold frame to bubble whilst the adhesive
cures, I had thought about drilling small holes every 2 inches and using
fishing line threaded thru the holes to kinda stitch it in place, but I
suspect lots of you guys must have solved these problems, so your ideas
and help will be most greatfully received.

Pete Diffey
St Albans, UK