I had no idea you had done that in your life, Mark. You're full of
surprises. My mentor just improved! ;-)

I firmly believe all a KR needs in the front is 60 hp. Anything more than
that is nice to thave, but frankly, not mandatory. So, for the rest, guys,
get whatever engine suits your taste and/or your budget.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France

"Mark Langford" <n5...@hiwaay.net>

Envoyé par : krnet-bounces+serge.vidal=sagem....@mylist.net
10/07/2006 01:29
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 10/07/2006 01:26

        Pour :  "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : Re: Réf. : Re: KR> VW  / Corvair

Serge Vidal wrote:

> Mark, that would be true for the VW Type 1, 2 and 3. But the Type IV is
> complete redesign of the VW case, complete with new alloy and thicker
> walls, and much more.

I realize that the Type 4 VW is a vast improvement over the Type 1, which
is
what I was speaking of, because it's the one that's primarily used in
aircraft, and also the one that Dan has in his airplane.  You may have
forgotten that I spent a few years as a mechanic at a VW dealership while
waiting for my first wife to get out of the Air Force so we could start
college at Auburn.  I own two Type 4 engines myself, and have a Type 4
case
sitting on the shelf, so I'm aware of the improvements over the Type 1. My
airplane was originally going to be powered by a Type 4 (see
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/kvw.html ), but the discovery of the
Corvair changed that...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford