Hi guys
I have been reading about the huge benefits that Jeff Scott is getting from
his new flaps and was wondering if anybody had ever tried converting their
ailerons to flaperons. I will not be able to use the stub trailing edges as
flaps due to all my controlls being situated in them. Because of the retract
system I will have, there is no place between the spars for control cables.
The ailerons will be actuated by push rods from inside the fuselage behind
the rear spar.
I suppose you would need some kind of mixer to achieve this but I don't know
what kind of effect this will have on the aircraft's flight characteristics.
By the way I am using the AS5048 at the root going to the 5045 at the tip.

Those of you going to Oshkosh should keep a look out for any kind of
promotion for the Whisper motor glider. I believe that Jabiru might have
something to do with it.

Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder