Dan Heath wrote:

> All I can tell you is that with the Ellison, I have exactly the same
problem
> on the ground if I have leaned the engine.  At full rich, I get smooth
> throttle from idle to full, but if I have leaned it, it stumbles badly
when
> I push in the throttle.

Mine does the same thing when flying, but it's instantly apparent with the
mixture meter (which both Dan and Joe also  have now).  And it's normal for
an engine with no acceleration circuit to go lean when the throttle is
advanced, but it should catch up shortly and run correctly, but that's not
the case with my Ellison installation.  But I don't really think that's it
as Joe now knows exactly what's happening with the mixture.  At the same
time, I do think it's mixture related somehow.  Mine is adjusted such that
if I take off at full throttle, the mixture's perfect, but if I back off a
little, it goes full rich and stays there until I fix it.  And there's no
way to adjust mixture at WOT as opposed to part throttle, as far as I can
tell.  The Ellison folks seemed to be bumfuzzled at this phenomenon, but
then I'm running ram air, so shouldn't complain about funny behavior, and
I've learned to work around it, even though it's clear it has nothing to do
with ram air.  For more on the mixture meter, see
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/corvair/o2meter/ and
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/fuel/ ...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford