The puzzle here is that Joe was having no trouble before the anual with his
mixture.  This started after he worked on it. I think Bill Clapp is running
the same set up on his carb with no problems.
For some reason it doesn't appear that you are getting enough fuel to the
carb.
Possibilities:
fuel flow restriction-- trash/blockage ect...
insuffecent vent --blockage or located in a neg or low pressure zone
restricting fuel flow--don't think this is it as he can do it on the ramp
linkage--check the mix control cable to see that is is secured correctly.
Mike Turner
Jackson Mo