Hi netters,
  Almost home from Oshkosh. Left for home yesterday (Wednesday) 11 am, drove
until 2 am this morning. I am in Oklahoma right now and should be back in the
Dallas Tx area by 6 pm.
  I enjoyed meeting a lot of you this year at Osh, especially those who brought
airplanes, thank all of you for your explantions and help. Mark did a great job
with the KR forum there.
  Lots to absorb, lots to say !
  Was saddened Sunday just before the airshow to see the warbird (Navy plane I
think) run up the rear of a RV 6 and kill the passenger in it. Just a miracle
that the pilot was not killed also. The details are pretty gruesume, and will
save that for later if anyone is interested.
  This incident happened on the taxi way as planes were taxing to takeoff
before airshow started. The line of planes stopped, but the Navy plane being a
huge taildragger obviously did not see the RV6 taildragger in front of it and
kept going. The aluminum fuselage was not much of a match for the big 4 bladed
prop which worked it's way up the fuselage until it got to the passenger
compartment.
  At least one guy in the crowd ran out attempting to get the Navy plane to
shut down and did just in time to save the pilot. The passenger may have been
saved but he turned around leaning his upper body rearward in an attemt to see
what was going on behind them, that is probably what caused him to be in the
line of fire from the big prop.
  Point here is to watchout behind you while at a large fly-ins with big
planes. I came upon the scene just after it happened and some there I talked to
said it was a KR2. My heart almost jumped out at that thought but after I
looked for a few minutes I could see it was not a KR, but it was bad at any
rate.
  Sorry for those involved.
  Larry H.

starting at 1ยข/min.