By the way , the G-meter whose LCD I have damaged is a GT-50, bought from
Aircraft Spruce, and maybe I should tell you what I think of my purchase.

That thing is a 5-in-1 electronic instrument that fits a standard 2 inch
aircraft hole. It has 5 functions:  G-meter, voltmeter, clock, stopwatch,
Hobbs (= timer that starts when aircraft power is on)
Of course, you can display only one function at a time; you toggle between
functions.
It uses 2 AAA batteries for standby power (keep clock and memories alive).

What I like about it:
- The large LCD display with huge figures, no clutter;
- The efficient backlighting (although orange would not have been my color
of choice)
- The very good MMI, no-nonsense; only 3 buttons, everything darn logical.

What I don't like about it:
- The enclosure (box) is definitely substandard. A bad aluminum sheet
metal work, not even sealed, inaccurate finish...
- Connection by three loose wires (no lugs)
- The screws are not provided, which is a pain, because it has thraded
holes, and of course, imperial standard.

All in all, for $154.00, that's good value for money by amateur aviation
standards.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France