Guys,
        I can mix this up a little . Yesterday I took a little trip to
central Pa. to meet KR builder Randy Smyre. It was a short 40 min flight
to SEG in some of the most beautiful weather of the year. There was no
wind aloft as the GPS indicated 173 mph ground speed at both 4500 and
5500 ft 2 hours apart. And yes the engine is still running near perfect.
        I meet Randy at the airport and he spent about a half hour
crawling and walking around 357CJ taking in everything that he could. He
sat in the plane to get a feel for it (I was sorry that I was not
comfortable to offer a ride yet) After that we hoped in his car and made
the 20 min drive to his house where he has what I feel is a very near
complete KR2S that he has built from scratch. The workmanship looks good
and with some encouragement from the group I bet he could be ready in a
year. Engine is his last major task to really get into. But he has much
of the stuff on hand to get into that also. He has widened the fuselage
at the shoulders and is working on installing a Todd's canopy. He has
made split flaps and installed wing tanks like Bill Clapp's. It is a tail
dragger with Tracy O'Brian wheels and brakes. Besides engine and cowl the
biggest thing that he has to tackle is all that wonderful sanding. (he he
heee! good luck)
        Randy is planning on attending the gathering again this year so
stoke him up for the race to the finish line.
When I was about ready to leave SEG Randy was talking to a Gruman pilot
that had just stopped in. He said my KR looks fast just sitting there.
Naw - I didn't just swell up with pride as I went on to say yep 173 true.
(he said wow best I can get out of his is 125 flat out)
        I'd love to visit some other guys in the area actually anyone
with in 200 miles of Allentown Pa. I could do in a morning trip. Send me
a e-mail off the list and I'll get together with you
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com