Steve Eberhart wrote:

> Hi Bob, you too?  My ride with Marty was one non-stop roller coaster
> ride.  He kept his hand about two inches over mine and kept dropping it
> to stabilize the stick.  That was my first KR ride.  Not the way to gain
> new builders IMHO.

But now there's the "next generation KR", which an 11 year old girl who's
never flown anything can fly immediately with no PIOs.  Even Bob Glidden can
handle it!  If you build a KR2S there's no reason to fret over first flights
anymore.  Especially if you make the CG "non-volatile" like I did.

I'm definitely up for the California Gathering.  Claire and I have been
planning a desert flight for years now.  Like I said, would you want to miss
the California Gathering?

I did about 20 takeoffs and landings yesterday, the last 5 being landbacks
simulating emergency landings.  I made the first four easily, which were
from 500' AGL, but couldn't handle the 400' attempt.  Now I know what my
limits are.  This dictates that I fly off to the right (in LP traffic) so
that when I do the 180 I don't have to do much of an S turn.  I'm sure my
flight instructor would not approve of me not following the centerline, and
I'm sure that violates somebody's idea of a regulation or good flying habit,
but that's the way I'm going to do it until I get over 500'.  And today I
did about 10 more touch-and-go's.  I was able to land and break ground again
before I got to the "target point" (I'm sure somebody objects to that as
well, and I don't care), and played around the local area, just throttled
back and looking at stuff on the ground.  I did some more stalls at various
speeds and configurations (like during a full blown slip to see how much I
can get away with on landing).  I parked it with 299.1 hours on it.  I may
have to break 300 tomorrow...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net