That is pretty much what I have in mind, except I would like to find (or
make) an aluminum flange to replace the clamp collars, then glue AND rivet
that flange to both the torque tube and the bellcranks. The tube stops
could be made the same way.

I guess I've watched too much orf the "A Plane is Born" TV show recently.
The Europa uses a lot of aluminum-to-aluminum glueing and riveting. And
that would make for a very easy installation on board the aircraft. Since
the plane is already built, the difficulty is more in the fitting than the
designing!

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France

"Mark Langford" <n5...@hiwaay.net>

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
22/08/2006 15:40
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 22/08/2006 15:40

        Pour :  "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : Re: KR> flaps

Serge Vidal wrote:

>>Now, I've got to find a way to make the torque tube and the actuator
rods.
I need to find a solution that does not require any welding. Maybe I can
find a way that takes only rivetting and glueing?<<

I used clamp collars made for machine shaft applications
(www.mcmaster.com).
Although I welded my bellcranks to these collars, you could also screw
them
together if you made your bellcrank cover one half of the clamp collar and

used about four screws.  You can see these clamp collar things at
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/kcontrol.html , along with the general idea
of the flap torque tube.  The very last picture shows the flap torque tube

and flap actuator motor, but it eventually ended up under the pilot's
seat.
I have a more recent picture of the flap motor and bellcrank stuff
somewhere
that I'll try to dig up tonight.  The other end of the torque tubes just
extends out through the stub wing rib (which acts as a bearing), where
another bellcrank and clamp collar setup translates the torque tube
rotation
into pushrod actuation for the flap bellcrank.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net

at http://www.krnet.org/info.html

" Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attachés peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'êtes  pas le destinataire escompté,
merci d'en informer l'expéditeur immédiatement et de détruire ce courriel
ainsi que tous les documents attachés de votre système informatique. Toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie du présent courriel et des documents
attachés sans autorisation préalable de son émetteur est interdite."

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from
your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying
hereof is prohibited."