Ron Lee wrote:

> For a person who has never flown a KR and is about to is it
> common for anyone to get that newbie proficient in KR flight to
> include take-offs and landings?

I've only landed an RV-6 once, and that was on the way back from the Pine
Bluff Gathering a few years ago, so I can't talk about landing one compared
to a KR.  But the KR isn't hard to land as long as you know what indicated
speed that particular KR lands at.  Lots of folks will be quick to tell you
that a KR is a sweet landing airplane, including Troy Petteway, who's flown
them all.

As luck would have it, I flew an RV-6 today.  It was actually more pitch
sensitive than my KR, had more sensitive ailerons than my KR, and the
rudders felt like they required about three times the force as my plane
requires to make anything happen.  The biggest thing I noticed about the
RV-6's IO-360 was that it nowhere near as smooth as a 6-cylinder Corvair.

I'll bet landing an RV-6 is a lot like landing a KR, and they wheel land
RV's as a rule too, according to the guy I flew with today.  Maybe I need to
get on board and perfect wheel landing the KR...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net