From: krnet-bounces+brian.kraut=engalt....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+brian.kraut=engalt....@mylist.net]On Behalf Of
AVLEC
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 1:20 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> VSI

Hi Guys
I have just taken delivery of a UMA VSI unit and noticed something that
needs attension. The needle does not sit on zero. If I place my finger over
the rear port and apply slight pressure it will zero or even show a descent
depending on the amount of pressure applied. This is understandable and
proves that it is working I suppose. It has an adjustment screw in the
bottom left mounting screw position. Would this be the zero adjustment for
the unit or something else? The literature that came with the unit is of no
help in this regard at all.
For interest sake, does anybody know exactly how these things work. I know
it measures the rate of change in static pressure but then the needle should
return to zero or at least move in that direction if I keep a constant
pressure on the rear port with my finger.
Thanks
Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder