Robert Evans wrote:

> I have been looking for information about retrofitting my
> KR2 from conventional/retract to Tricycle gear. Anyone have a good idea
> where I could find some info on the W/B ramifications etc.

I've never done it, so you should probably ignore this comment, but if I'm
wrong somebody will correct me.  People do this conversion all the time and
I've never heard anybody mention a CG shift problem (although you should
certainly check it and fix it if it's not correct).  It makes sense that
after swapping the gear from the rear of the main spar to the front of the
main spar that moving the light tailwheel from the back (with the long
moment arm) and adding the heavier nosewheel (with the shorter moment arm)
to the front would just about balance out.  You could always call Dan Diehl
and get the scoop from the guy that makes the parts.  His phone number (as
well as instructions for the swap itself) can be found at
http://www.diehlaero.com/landing.htm .

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net