From: jscott.pi...@juno.com
To: kr...@mylist.net
Sent: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: KR> (Ignition)

That's standard equipment on most aircraft engines and adaptable to
most others.  It also garners the ire of those that think it's too
antiquated to fly on their planes. But you did certainly give me a
laugh this morning.  The old lawnmower ignition is called "magneto"
ignition.

Jeff Scott

-- tinya...@aol.com wrote:

About a month ago there was talk about a better ignition system.
Should we use more than one coil, or should we use a coil pack, or
maybe we should use a crank trigger a certain way.  The problem I see
is that all the systems talked about have one problem.  They require a
voltage source.  I have an idea that does not require a voltage source,
but is "out there" so most will think I have "lost it".  LAWN MOWER
IGNITION.  Simple, cheap, reliable, easy to set up, easy to have dual
ignition, and NO VOLTAGE NEEDED.  I have prepared myself for the dart
throwing, so throw away.

Kevin Golden
"little Bird" ARUP replicas
Harrisonville, MO