Eric KelsheimerTo: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>

> Can anyone tell me how wide you can go with the fuselage using the
Dragonfly Canopy? There has to be a limit as to how far it can be distorted
and still work?<

The Dragonfly canopy is very flexible.  I guess where I'd start with that
question would be to find out the width of a Dragonfly airplane, and then
add about 4"-6" to that, depending on what you want the canopy to look like.
That will get you to at least 8" wider than a KR, which ought to be way more
than enough.  I have no doubt that you could open it up to 60" wide, but it
would look stupid.   My personal answer to that question is that it will go
plenty wide enough to look good and work fine, and wider than you'd need,
unless you and your passenger are huge, in which case, you are building the
wrong airplane.

Last I heard these were only being made in Australia or somewhere, do maybe
you need to look at Pulsar canopies or something similar.  There are plenty
of canopies out there that'll be as wide as you want.  Take an RV for
example...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net