From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of Rick and Pam
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 5:32 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> discouraging

    Heres my story to date. I bought a KR2  last month from grand rapids Mi
    (Im in Defiance Ohio). basicly it needed a seat and all the small things

    that these planes need. so Ive been working on it for a month now and I
    figured I would take it to the local airport and rent a small hanger so
    I could mount the wings and do some taxi testing, well as luck would
    have it 2 hangars down is THE local eaa guy,(white beard,eaa tech rep,
    ap mech, 2 taildraggers sitting in his hangar) basicly the whole
    package, so Im thinking man what a great resource 2 hangars down from
    me. I go down and introduce myself and tell him my story and he proceeds

    to tell me in short that unless I have 5 to 10 thousand hours of
    taildragger time that I shouldn't attempt to fly the kr2. He then went
    on and on about why I should buy a cessna 150 cause as a certified
    aircraft. I would be able to just "fly it" (that would be the only thing

    I could do to it) To top it all off he then lets me know that the last
    thing we need is someone crashing on the runway.....wouldn't do our
    Image any good he says, Now Im no idiot and I know that Im not Tom
    Cruise in top gun, as a matter of fact Im not even a pilot as of yet
    {although Im working on it}  I know when Im talking to someone with a
    lot more experiance than me to listen but I got to believe that this guy

    really doesn't like home built aircraft ,which is what I thought the eaa

    was all about.He practicly had me talked intoselling it before I left.On

    the way home I realized that this was the type of guy that made me look
    at experimentals to start with...I understand I need some taildragger
    time , I understand it will require maintenance, I understand that
    things go wrong, I accept these as challenges to be overcome. WHAT I
   DONT EXCEPT IS PEOPLE TELLING ME I CANT DO IT. anyways I just had to
vent