Mike McGowan wrote:

> My RV-4 and Kitfox had elevator pushrods instead of cables. The pushrod
was
> about 1 1/4 inch in diameter and used balljoint [heim] ends. There was a
> tapered  aluminum part that the balljoint screwed into and was then
riveted to the
>  tubing. Anyone know where those can be bought other than Van's or
Skystar?

Those are called AN490 "rod ends", at least there's a steel version named
that.   AN490's can be bought from Wicks at
http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog/product_search_results.php/search=YW40OTA
, go to
http://www.wicksaircraft.com and search for AN490.  These are steel though,
and are therefore a little on the heavy side.  They are made to rivet or
weld to 4130 tubing.   I don't see any 1.25" in diameter, but there maybe be
such a thing somewhere in aluminum.  If Van's exactly what you have in mind,
I'd think that would be the place to get them.  Their prices seem pretty
reasonable on the stuff I've seen.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net