At 02:22 PM 1/10/2007, AVLEC wrote:
>Therefore the fuel returning to the wing tanks
>down the wing tank vent lines is actually being sucked down and not running
>under gravity feed.
>Dene Collett

Dene,

As long as the return lines are not restricted in any way, i.e.
fittings, connedtors,
etc. it will probably work just fine.  The vacuum pulled in the tank
by the exiting
fuel should help to draw the overflow back as long as you don't have an air
leak in the cap or somewhere to allow air to enter.  If the return is
slower than
the rate pumped from the tank, difference could get pumped out the header tank
vent.

My other concern would be how to know when the wings are empty so you
could shut off the pumps so they don't run "dry".  Probably not good for
an electric pump.  We replaced an engine driven fuel pump on a tug at
the airport with an electric pump and it was "short lived".  It was run "dry"
one day when someone didn't keep fuel in the tank and it failed soon
after that.  I'm convinced that's what smoked it.  I replaced it with a pump
like I'm using in the KR that I did early testing with water and other things
and didn't want to install and it continues to work just fine.  Just
a thought.
May not be a problem at all.

Larry Flesner