At 09:26 PM 1/29/2007, you wrote:
>So, what dictates what voltage system you go with?  Any pros or cons to
>either?   Suggestions?  I will be using a Corvair engine.
>Brad Payne

First off I'd say go with the 12volt system.  I wouldn't even consider
the 24 volt application for the KR with the components used.

I'm also guessing that you're looking at a panel mounted radio
and GPS.   The panel is not all that large in the KR and just from
the $$$$ angle I'd advise going with the light weight hand-held
radio and GPS.   The hand held radio, when used with an intercom
and external antenna, will perform just as well as a panel mount.
It depends on just how good the deal is.  :-)

Larry Flesner