This is my view.  I am not building a KR, but do have the plans.

First, I would not bring Mercedes into this.  There was an article  this week
that Mercedes has the worst reliability of any car available in  America.  It
used to be Jaguar, but I guess they are spreading the  "love".

Now the KR's

Next, I think the problem with the KR is the design needs updated.   The
construction drawings you buy today isn't what I would build.  I guess  you can
build a plans stock airplane, but there has been so much done to improve  the
design that I wouldn't.

Last, I offer a resolution.  In an ideal world the plans should be  sold or
turned over to those who keep the design alive.  Those who show up  at the
national meet with a flying airplane are the people I speak of.  If  it wasn't
for
these people the design would have ended up like so many  other designs, just
a memory.  The plans could be purchased from a group of  KR enthusiasts with
updates being done on a regular basis.  If Jeanette  wants to stay in it for
the $$, give her some of the proceeds from the  sales.  I think everyone
involved would benefit.  Those who are  wanting plans could get them right
away,
Jeanette would get her money, and the  design would improve through updates
from
knowledgeable people.

Thank you to those have put so much of themselves into the KR  design.

Kevin in Missouri
ARUP
http://www.aol.com.