Russ et all,
        I had to think about this for a couple days and decided that this
is not what I would or am going to do. The only way that I see a sleeve
being an advantage is if it was long enough to be in the metal plates on
each side of the wood. Other wise the sleeve in the wood alone would have
2 places for movement to start. One location being the sleeve to wood fit
and the other being the clearance around the bolt through the sleeve. The
way mine will be repaired is the top 2 holes will be reamed out to take a
1/4" bolt and the bottom 2 holes which are too close to the floor board
to drill out will remain AN3 embedded with flox. I always did have a
backer plate on the cockpit side of the connection. I really think that
the occasional shimmy as well as the 4.5 g landing a year and a half ago
are the case and contributing factors for the elongation of the wood
holes. I'm slightly better at landing now and (I only scare me not
passengers) I have replaced the strut with a new one.
        Still a location that should be checked with the annual.

Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com