Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your inputs and suggestions. I just returned from the airport
and I feel I have most likely solved my problem. First off, let me say that
the high oil temp I experienced yesterday was probably self induced from
making the two high speed runs down the runway and then setting on the
tarmac for about 10 minutes cycling the rpm and playing with the mixture. I
did not notice the high oil temp until I was back at the hangar and was at
idle speed about to shut her down. Naturally when I applied throttle the
temps did come down when I got more air flowing through the oil cooler. If
you guys remember, back in December, I replaced the rear housing and
distributor. This was done when the temps outside were in the teens and it
was butt kicking cold. It was during those cold temps that I re-set up the
carburetor, set the timing, etc.. The engine ran great with the cold temps.
Yesterday was the first day that I had attempted to fly in warm weather. We
were actually in the 70's here yesterday and today.  So today, I pulled the
plugs, cleaned them real good, checked the intake for cracks, checked
everything else and found no visible problems so I started her up and she
would not idle smoothly. She would surge at 900 rpm and act as if she were
about to die. While the engine was doing this, I adjusted the mixture screw
on the regulator and found that it was way too rich and took a good 1/2 turn
to lean her out to where she would idle smooth. I can now idle with the
mixture control pushed in to full rich. This is something I could not do
with the way I had it set up for the cold weather flying. I did do several
cycles of static rpm and find that I am once again getting 2750 static and
she cycled from idle to full static very smoothly. I did not get a chance to
as the winds here are gusting 25mph. Flight report coming soon!!!

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Wales, WI
Visit my web site: www.flykr2s.com
E-mail: flyk...@wi.rr.com