Brian Kraut wrote:  "Here is a paste of two posts I made on the Short
wing piper site a few weeks ago.<SNIP>"

Many thanks Brian. Sounds simple when you look back at it, but I simply
didn't have the oven hot enough...Thought 200*C would be plenty, but
apparently not. D'oh.

The bearings are now removed, and I have sourced replacement bearings
through a company in the US. I'm buggered if I can find the required
bearings in Australia.

* * PROJECT UPDATE * *

As for an update on the rebuild of KR-2 19-4594, there isn't that much
to report. I have purchased a second set of lower gear brackets, new
axles, bearings are on order and I have everything I need to complete
the wings. Just have to fit the new wheels and tow the plane to work to
put it in one of our disused Locomotive maintenance buildings... A
building big enough to store loco parts ought to fit a KR nicely.

The panel is out and in pieces, and most of the wiring has been pulled
out in preparation for re-wiring the plane and the installation of an
XCOM 760. I am also giving serious consideration to removing the header
tank at this time to replace with 2 wing tanks. The header has a slight
leak at the point where the sump drain pipe exits the tank and the
previous owner attempted to seal it, but in doing so, appears to have
voided any chance I had of doing it properly.

So, I am going to install 2xPVC wing tanks in each wing for a total of
nearly 140L usable fuel. (35L/pipe). This will more than double my range
and ensure I can fly from Sydney to Brisbane without refueling. It will
also ensure the complete draining of my bank account whenever I fill
from dry tanks.

I hope to only be a few months away from flying again, as I am missing
being part of the YeeHAA brigade.

Cheers,
Rob.

Robin Wills