I am working on my *second* mockup of the KR2S.  After finding some issues
in the first markup, I broke apart the first mockup.  I was disturbed to say
the least at how the glue joints came apart.

Of all the glue joints on the sides and a hand full of the cross members,
only about 5 or so joints did not break off at the glue joint.  That does
not seem right!  I have tried a few tests since with similar results.  I
have tried: Sanded Joints, Clean cut (Bandsaw) joints, Lots of clamping
pressure, Little clamping pressure, No clamping Pressure.   All tests were
done in 65-75 Degree temps with 40-45% humidity in the shop.  This was at
the recommendation of a FAA Examiner.

My Co-Builder (and Father) tried similar joints with a model airplane epoxy
(zpoxy) that was 10 years old and had better results!

The epoxy I have been using is T-88.   I hear this is the best stuff, but
it's not holding up to my satisfaction in these tests!  I would assume that
since T-88 has such a great reputation, it must be something I am doing
wrong.  Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?  Could my batch of epoxy
be bad?

This was purchased in January of this year from Wicks and stored in my
basement until being taken to the garage when the temps got into the 50
degree range.  I do not see any crystals or other impuritys.  This was mixed
well for 2 - 4 min until a uniform white paste was created.  I have tried
measuing in both Paper cups by weight with a postal scale and by volume in
measured cups.

Any help would be apreciated!

--
Brad Payne