I have a 29mm Posa Super Carb. On my 1641cc VW and have a similar situation.
When I adjust the linkage so the slide opens all the way the engine quits. I
have the throttle stop set so when the maximum rpm is reached the slide is
about 90% open. Once I tried to adjust it out so I could get wide open
throttle by changing the needle to a more rich setting. On take off when I
was climbing out and had ram air the engine lost power and only regained
power when I came back on the throttle. I flew the pattern and landed, then
put the old needle back in and reset the throttle stop back to 90%. It works
well now the way it is.

-Joe

Scappoose Ore.