At 04:30 PM 11/6/2008, you wrote:
>I see my cruise speeds start to drop off above 9000' and
>see a significant impact to cruise at altitudes above 11,000'.
>Jeff Scott

Jeff,

Are you speaking of indicated airspeed here?  I would think that
the much thinner air at those altitudes would give a much lower
indicated airspeed reading than at the lower elevations.  I'm
guessing that your true airspeed would go up with altitude.
Am I missing something here?

I have very short wings on my heavy bird ( 20' 4" as I recall ) and
suffer in the climb rate.  I get maybe 800 to 900 fpm on the best
of days with a lighter fuel load.  I've considered adding to the tips
but hate to take it down to modify and re-paint.  I seldom fly above
3500 feet so it's not a big issue with me.  On longer trips I just do
a cruise climb of 500 fpm at 120 mph indicated so it doesn't really
take me long to get to 7500 or so.

Larry Flesner