Curiosity here!!  Doesn't both of these systems, pvc pipe and vinyl fence
posts, get brittle with cold weather??  With even minor flexing in the wing
structure it seems the possibility of cracking could become a factor.

I would tend to lean toward using aluminum tubing rather than any plastic of
this type.

Just my .02 worth.

Ron