At 02:13 PM 12/3/2008, you wrote:
>I found a fantastic site about relays and switches which has diagrams on
>how to connect them correctly http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm
>
>Paul Smith

A FANTASTIC SITE !!!!!  Thanks for sharing.  The Borsch relays pictured
are exactly what I used to connect my alternator output (12 amp B&C) to
main buss and a second relay to connect the alternator to the backup
battery.

I didn't use the suggested diodes and that's probably the reason I smoked
my hand held radio one day when turning the master on and off several
times with the engine running.  I probably ought to correct that.

At the bottom of the site are some links to other FANTASTIC sites on
computers and macro photography.  Check them out.

Thanks again........

Larry Flesner