> I am going to test knock sensors on my Corvair.

I have never fooled with knock sensors. I did read up on them several years
ago. What struck me was the assertion that a knock sensor from one model of
engine can't be expected to work properly on a different engine. It was like
they had to change the knock sensor functionality when they made possibly
even minor changes to the engine. The natural frequency of each engine type
(do they REALLY have a natural frequency?) is such that detonation just
doesn't sound the same from engine to engine.

I no longer depend on my memory... So I suggest doing some research. Very
interesting topic too.

GeoB