--- On Thu, 1/1/09, Riley Collins <rcollin...@charter.net> wrote:

From: Riley Collins <rcollin...@charter.net>
Subject: Re: KR> almost check it out ride - TN
To: amckev...@yahoo.com, "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Date: Thursday, January 1, 2009, 9:30 PM

Andy,
   I'm in Morristown, Tn.  I am about 95% finished.  I need to finish out the
wings and paint.Lee Parker  423-258-8755

---- Andy Mckevitz <amckev...@yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
I too believe that the KR is the plane for me.  Though 6'1" tall, I am
told the older versions are out, but I want as close as I can get to turbo
[normalizing, and subject to VW engine capability because economy high alt
cruise is the idea here], RG, IFR, night plane.  Before you reply there is no
such thing and it cannot be created, I do advise I'm willing to compromise!
Understanding thus far, that the VW engine is best for economy.  Call me crazy,
but If I have to spend over $30k, I may as well buy a V-tail bonanza, so I
don't think my demand is unrealistic.  I suppose the KR2s [stretch] is a
fixed gear only,  doh!  Any good way around this to get a plane that I can fit
in?
Keeping this short, is there anyone with ANY KR2 version near knoxville, TN?
I'd like to visit, or invite to visit [I live on TN87, 8nm south of TYS,
knoxville's airport].  I'd like to check the plane out, and also offer
to pay expenses.  Of course, I need to overcome the hurdle of actually fitting
into the plane...  then I grow more serious.

Andy