Today at lunch I went to the airport to wrap up the engine installation and
decided to go fly. Temps here are 37°, partly cloudy and a brisk wind right
down runway 30. At first it was rather chilly in the cockpit but I soon forgot
about that as I taxied to 30. Did a good run-up and announced my departure. She
accelerated perfectly and left the bonds of earth without hesitation. A nice 90
mph climb up to 4000' over the airport and did some circling. Backed the
throttle down to 3000 rpm and descended to 3000' to get into some smoother air.
Here are the engine parameters at fifteen minutes into the flight: Altitude
3000 feet, RPM 3000, ET 1280, OT 205, PSI 38, CHT 295, Volts 14.5. At thirty
minutes into the flight I decided to bring her down and check for oil leaks,
etc. I always deploy my belly board once I turn final but this time she was
dead and did not deploy. This was my first landing in five months and it was
going to be a hot one at that. I only bounced once and she was firmly down. The
taxi back was smooth and shut down was normal. There was absolutely no leaks
anywhere and that was a great feeling. So boys and girls, I am back in the air
and it sure does feel good.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Stevens Point, WI
E-mail: flyk...@charter.net