Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:17 AM
Subject: KR> She Takes Flight

Today at lunch I went to the airport to wrap up the engine installation and
decided to go fly. Temps here are 37°, partly cloudy and a brisk wind right
down runway 30. At first it was rather chilly in the cockpit but I soon
forgot about that as I taxied to 30. Did a good run-up and announced my
departure. She accelerated perfectly and left the bonds of earth without
hesitation. A nice 90 mph climb up to 4000' over the airport and did some
circling. Backed the throttle down to 3000 rpm and descended to 3000' to get
into some smoother air. Here are the engine parameters at fifteen minutes
into the flight: Altitude 3000 feet, RPM 3000, ET 1280, OT 205, PSI 38, CHT
295, Volts 14.5. At thirty minutes into the flight I decided to bring her
down and check for oil leaks, etc. I always deploy my belly board once I
turn final but this time she was dead and did not deploy. This was my first
landing in five months and it was going to be a hot one at that. I only
bounced once and she was firmly down. The taxi back was smooth and shut down
was normal. There was absolutely no leaks anywhere and that was a great
feeling. So boys and girls, I am back in the air and it sure does feel good.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Stevens Point, WI
E-mail: flyk...@charter.net
Web: www.flykr2s.com