Roy Marsh was in a race and was clocked at something like 192.xxx mph
(sorry, don't have that January of 1995 Kitplanes with me, and I didn't see
it on Don Reid's site).  But Troy Petteway's was clocked at 196.4 at the
2007 "Performance Evaluation" competition, held at the Gathering at MVN. See
http://www.krnet.org/eval_results.gif for other results.  There have been
very few "documented" runs involving KRs.  These are the best two that I
know of, although Steve Alderman (from Colorado) would be close also.
Richard Shirley would probably tell you that he can do 230mph, but then he
has a KR1 with a 130 hp 6 cylinder Jabiru (not that it matters), but nothing
official.  My guess would be that he's the fastest.   His plane is the
fourth picture down at http://www.krnet.org/eval_results.gif .  His plane is
so streamlined and optimized, it's going to be tough to top, except with
more power.

Mark Langford, resident KRnet insensitive jerk
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com