Mike,

I think we've confused you a bit.  Three things are required - the name IS
necessary (original builder - not necessarily the current owner), the model,
and the plane's serial number.  Address not required or any other stuff.

And ........ yes!, be sure to re-weigh, for your own safety, as well as
curiosity.  Don't assume anything about an aircraft you didn't build
yourself.  Finding the CG requires simple math skills, yes, but you need to
be confident in what you are doing.

Ed

My data plate has HP, owner's name & address, weights, etc. - apparently
all of it unnecessary I now know.  I was thinking of bringing the plate
up to date, but since the changed information on it isn't required anyway
(thanks Ed) I'll probably just be leaving it alone.

I'm going to re-weigh the plane soon anyway, just for my own curiosity.

Mike