About KR/Corvair flight. I have now flown 22.8 hours on my new engine rebuild
and new fifth bearing install. My confidence level in this engine has soared
through the clouds. Really, I was just up there before sunset skimming the
clouds at 6000' on top and enjoying one of the most beautiful sunsets I have
ever witnessed. Where was my camera when I needed it? I have flown every day
for the last four days and made three separate flights yesterday on Fathers
Day. Saturday, I went on a two hour cross country landing at three different
airports and not ever getting over 2000' AGL. What a hoot that was enjoying the
view from that altitude. The air up here in Wisconsin has been really smooth
lately making for some very enjoyable flying. This evening I made a high speed
pass doing 185 mph down runway 21 here in Stevens Point. There were about 10
pilots gathered at one of the hangars so of course I had to do an abrupt pull
up as I passed by them. It was so smooth I could have easily dropped down to a
few feet above the runway but I stayed safe :-) at about 25 feet. This plane
has taken a grip on me since this last engine rebuild and I simply can not get
enough time in the air. Also, I have not had to wipe a drop of oil off my
plane. Sure is nice to have a totally dry engine. I do however have to wipe
lots of bugs off........keep building guys. I am looking forward to hearing
your stories.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Stevens Point, WI
E-mail: flyk...@charter.net