This past weekend I removed the Spray Lat coating on the Plexiglas
canopy on my KR-2.
I had heard and read all manner of horror stories about leaving the
coating on too long and how difficult to impossible this task was going
to be.  Sure enough after a couple hours of tedious picking at the edges
I figured there was something to those stories.  One sage advised using
kerosene, another praised WD-40; I did not relish cleaning up that sort
of mess.  I called the Spray Lat folks who advised me to remove the
coating within one year.  Yeah, right, look it's only been 23 years
since I got this bubble from RR.  The best they could come up with was
to put the Plexiglas in a tub of very hot water and dish detergent and
hope.  I don't have that big  of a tub.  Not to be deterred, the Spray
Lat engineer suggested putting towels on the canopy and soaking these
with boiling water.  And wished me good luck.
One of my Chapter 478 members suggested using a hair dryer to heat up
the canopy and the Spray Lat would peal right off.  Lo and behold, after
a bit of trial and singed fingers, the Spray Lat indeed peeled off in
two big sheets to reveal a most pristine bubble canopy.  It won't get
any better than that, especially thinking of all the Wisconsin bugs and
Florida sands that are waiting.
Moral of this story: 23-year old Spray Lat will readily release from
Plexiglas with application of heat (guess about 200 degrees F).

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net