EGT temps really aren't important unless you are worrying about melting
down your exhaust pipes.  They vary depending on altitude, mixture, RPM,
and engine.  The actual number isn't important, but is typically used
only to measure the current EGT reading vs Peak EGT reading.  That's why
the old Alcore EGT guages didn'thave any numbers.  Only gradicule
markings so you could make a comparison as you leaned the for peak EGT,
then either rich or lean of peak depending on the the desired operation.
A multipoint EGT set up allows the pilot to compare cylinder to cylinder
readings, but again, the actual number isn't what is critical.

Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM

> Mark Langford
Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!