Thinking in terms of an installation on my O-200, I have 4 separate tuned
length exhaust pipes.  Knowing that the intake doesn't feed all cylinders
evenly and that the mixtures vary significantly based on throttle setting,
would a mixture meter require 4 separate probes, or 4 separate mixture meters?
Are the guys running a mixture meter on their Corvairs with dual exhaust  only
measuring one side?  I can see the mixture meters becoming very popular once
100LL goes away in favor of whatever unleaded aircraft fuel takes it's place.
Pilots always lover having better accuracy.

On a side note, sometimes running the perfect stoichiometric mixture in an air
cooled engine isn't necessarily desirable.  Aircraft carbs are designed to run
a bit rich at full throttle and idle settings in order to use the excess fuel
to help cool the cylinder heads.  The assumption on the engine manufactures
part is that full throttle is typically used during climb operations at lower
speeds when the engine may not have sufficient cooling air, and idle operations
are typically on the ground where the engine gets very little cooling air.  Of
course a mixture meter could be used to set or know exactly how much rich to
run the mixture for that additional cooling under those circumstances.

Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM