Dan Heath wrote:

> I have a Sterba KR prop on my KR and it has the leading edge protection. I
> may encounter light rain, the kind where the visibility is still very
> good, but some rain. How much rain can the prop take, for how long, and is
> there a recommended VNE in RPM, for the prop in this weather condition, or
> is ANY amount of rain not tollerable?

I've probably done 3-4 hours in light rain in my KR with a Sensenich with
leading edge protection, and it seems to handle it fine.  I don't think the
rain bothers the leading edge as much as bugs do.  I do throttle back
considerably when raining though, to minimize whatever damage there is.

I'm not so worried about the rain as the low ceilings.  Tomorrow's marginal
VFR (and so is today) with isolation rain, which is easy enough to dodge.
But 500-1000' ceilings are a real problem.  I don't even want to think about
driving yet, but I'll have to make that call tomorrow morning.  I may try to
get out this afternoon if the weather's decent, but I don't really expect
that.  We'll see how it goes...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com