From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of Mark Langford
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:44 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> also back from the Gathering

I made it back also.  I thought I was going to have to stay until tomorrow,
but finally things got VFR enough for me to give it a try, and I managed to
pick my way around (and through) various rain showers and low ceilings to
make it home...just before a very large thunderstorm arrived.  I can now
tell you that I throttle back to to about 2400 rpm during moderate rain,
which still moves me along at about 120 mph.  My plane is now washed, which
folks at the Gathering would agree it needed badly.

Jeff Lange won't get out until tomorrow, as well as Tommy Waymack.  Joe
Horton took an airliner back home, realizing that the weather was slowly
moving north and east, and would make him several days late for work.
Several of us had some pretty good conversations waiting for the weather to
break, so it wasn't a wasted day.  It was another good Gathering.

By the way, the vote for next year's Gathering is to be at I39, with Dan
Overall hosting it, so Larry finally gets a well-deserved break.  See
http://www.airnav.com/airport/I39 for details of the airport and location in
central Kentucky.  More to come on that later.

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com