Mark Jones wrote:

> My drive home was in clear weather the whole way. It would have been a
> beautiful flight. But then I left at 4 AM and it could have started
> raining
> at MT Vernon after I left. an 8 hour drive for me and I was home at noon.

It would only have been a beautiful flight if you'd left before 7AM.  It
wasn't exactly "clear" to the north then, but there were a few thin patches
of blue sky.   Larry said I was hullicinating though, so you might take that
with a grain of salt.  I gave it a try to the south, and flew about 20 miles
west and south before deciding I wasn't up to flying through clouds that
went to the ground (or any clouds, for that matter), so I turned around and
went back to MVN. I could've landed

 If it makes you feel any better, Jeff Lange was flying his Sonerai to
Waupaca, and he never could get out.  He started a little late because the
weather was supposed to improve throughout the morning, but it did exactly
the opposite.  MVN was literally socked in (LIFR) until after 1 PM or so.
It's supposed to be better Monday because the weather will have passed to
the east, so both Jeff and Tommy should have an easy trip home.

Maybe the 2011 Gathering could be somewhere that's routinely a little drier,
like Texas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Nebraska or somewhere to the west.

I've only alienated  a third of the usual KR Gathering attendees with the
I39 push, so I might as well work on those of the eastern persuasion next...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com