Dan,
I made vinyl ester fuel tanks in the outer wing panels per the Dan Diehl
plans.  There were leaks where the top skin joins the outer rib.  I was able
to fix these by sucking on the fuel outlet with a vacuum cleaner while
applying VE flox to the leaking locations.
http://websites.expercraft.com/sidwood/index.php?q=log_entry&log_id=7331
http://websites.expercraft.com/sidwood/index.php?q=log_entry&log_id=7531

Using the Diehl instructions the tanks turn out to have 10.2 gallon capacity
for each side.  That's about 5 hours endurance for my 2180 VW.  And about 2
hours more than my personal endurance.  If I were to do it again, I would
put in a false spar to move the aft side of the tank forward about 5 inches
to get 8-gallon tanks for 4-hour endurance.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

If you have built wing tanks for your STOCK outboard wing with Diehl skins
and have any words of wisdom or pics, I can use both.

I want to get started on these as soon as possible.  I hope to have this
done and the Vair engine installed by the next Gathering so I can fly high
and nonstop to I39.

 Daniel R. Heath