After leaving MVN for Naples, Fl on Saturday, I had an exhaust valve spring
break (#4) and had to set it down in Venice, Fl.  It was dark by then and the
next day was Sunday so didn't get anything done until Monday morning, chasing
tools & parts.  Finished the job this morning (Tuesday) and am now in Naples
for the night.  Off to Jacksonville in the morning.
Flying through that mess to the south leaving MVN, it looks like I've really
done some damage to my Prince.  It was supposed to have leading edge protection
but if it did, it sure didn't work.  Rain was intermittent so I don't know why
the outside leading edges are so trashed now. It will need to be sent back to
Lonnie to be refinished once I get home.
********************
I learned something interesting about oil, a recent subject on the forum.  (I
haven't read any of the posts in a week and probably won't until I get back to
SD).  What I learned is that synthetic does not suspend lead.  When travelling,
like now, I'm using all avgas and normal oil is a lot better for the valves,
guides & seats than synthetc (when using avgas).  So no more synthetic oil for
me  One of the mechanics I was talking to in Venice (Southwest Avionics) gave
me this info - he was involved with Katana Rotaxs' when they first came out and
they had huge valve problems using avgas with synthetic oils..  It's funny I
never came across this information until now, but Steve agrees his is true.
Mike - KSEE

Get your dream car or truck. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTLa8sAYDly2jsJ9leYGOgNpHRWz5vqWEwESno7MeRMhB1VdPggFY8/